Monday, May 10, 2010

progress and more progress

There have been new developments on the wedding front!

A dress has been selected, Earth friendly to the extreme, very comfortable, casual, cost effective and cute! Got it at Blue Sky Bridal in Seattle...just needs a couple minor alterations and it's wedding ready.

But even BIGGER news, we've decided against the pavilion in Hilo and instead took the more glamorous route, we rented a GORGEOUS house/property in Kona, (here's the web site: http://halepinao.com/home.html )about five minutes out of the downtown area, beautiful view, pool, four hot tubs!, and reception friendly...of course, there are a couple little problems...like it's really only supposed to fit a party of forty, and we have more than double that...but....well...that's ONLY if everyone shows up and who'd want to come to Hawaii in December anyway... ;-) (oh and please plan on car pooling parking is a little limited) we'd still like to have people come over to Hilo side for a day outing if possible at some point, but plan on flying into and staying in Kona...

we are still deciding if we will be exchanging vows down on the beach and then heading up to the house for dinner, drinks, and dancing...or if we will do the whole thing there...so, as always, more details to follow...

as soon as we can start getting an accurate head count that would help with the planning. so let us know as soon as you know, please!

6 comments:

  1. As far as I know, my mom bought our plane tickets. Place looks fun. I'm stoked to finally get to go to Hawaii. Never been before. Have fun doing all the wedding planning, we look forward to whatever you guys plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a place and what a view! Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house looks awesome!! I only wish I didn't live in Kona so I could stay there :) No, seriously I'm stoked the wedding is in Kona! I guess it'll be a while before you guys pin down a time...probably late afternoon, right? So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a little trouble making a comment because I can't answer the question to "select profile" being technologically challenged. Aunt Celia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm in. Now I can tell you we're staying at the Outrigger near the Kona Country Club.
    Does anyone know anything about this place. The photo's look beautiful, but don't they always?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hale Pinao is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! What a great find... I watched the video (it was hilarious to hear Alex's accent) it's so luxurious. You are going to have a beautiful wedding celebration. Still working out the details about flying over, but I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out..

    ReplyDelete